Friday, January 11, 2008

Stupid Health Insurance Companies

I walked into work this morning supremely frustrated. Last night, I went to the pharmacy to pick up a monthly prescription, and I suddenly found out that my copay on it as of January 1st has risen from $25 to $40. Since I had of course not heard about any changes to my prescription coverage, this additional charge obviously surprised me (and not in a good way!).

I called my insurance company this morning, and the "friendly" customer service representative told me that the copay went up because "tier three, non-preferred" prescriptions now have a $40 copay...to which I replied,"Um...I don't know what that means." She helpfully retorted,"Tier three prescriptions went up in price."

Really?...Thanks for the insight.

So now, not only am I paying double for my health insurance through work because I make $1 too much each year to still fall in the lower contribution ranking...now my damn prescriptions are going up. Why, you ask? Because tier three, non-preferred prescriptions are now $40.

Great, thanks for making me throw additional money out the window that I don't have!

1 comment:

Jeen Yes said...

if it makes you feel better, the more you spend on meds and medical bills, you can write them off on your taxes! little consolation i know, but i've had enough experience with the pharms and docs to know exactly how you feel.